A Summary of the Srimad Bhagavata Mahapuranam-4.11.



4.The Stories of Siva and Sati, and Rishabhadeva and Bharata-11.

Lord Siva’s name also occurs in the Mahabharata. One day, when Arjuna was seated with Bhagavan Sri Krishna at the close of the day’s battle, Arjuna queried Krishna, “Master, may I ask you a question?”

“Yes, ask,” replied Krishna.

“When I was engaged in battle with Drona and Karna, I saw some vague being moving about, not touching the ground. It was sometimes visible, sometimes not visible. It had ashes on its body, a serpent around its neck, and a trident in its hand. I could not make out what it was. It was an illusion before me. At the time I could not speak about this because I was engaged in war, but I remember this incident now and want to ask you what it was that I was seeing there,” said Arjuna

Swami Krishnananda
To be continued ..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Srimad Mahabhagavatham : 3.7 - Swami Krishnananda.

Srimad Bhagavatham : 6.3.18.

A Summary of the Srimad Bhagavata Mahapuranam-3.7.